MakerBot MakerWare 2.3 | Release
MakerBot® MakerWare™ is the ideal software to drive your MakerBot® Replicator® 3D Printer. Today’s 2.3 release has great features for everyone, but is a giant leap forward for our MakerBot® Replicator® 2X Experimental 3D Printer owners. We’ve innovated, worked hard, and pushed the limits of dual extrusion. Now we’re ready for you to experience our new Advanced Dual Extrusion algorithm and see why printing with the MakerBotReplicator 2X will never be the same.
We’ve also doubled the amount of materials in our filament lineup and added a Print Preview feature for all our printers. The takeaway: This significant update contains really helpful features that will make desktop 3D printing even easier and more enjoyable.
Advanced Dual Extrusion
We’ve completely reimagined the way that MakerWare handles dual extrusion printing. Want better control over your 3D printing workflow and major improvements to the quality of your prints? Then you don’t want to miss what comes next.
For the first time, the MakerBot Replicator 2X will be able to print with color-matched rafts and color-matched support material. That means rafts and supports will print in multiple colors, creating cleaner, more consistent surfaces on your multicolored prints.
Protect your dual extrusion prints with Extrusion Guards, ultrathin barriers that wrap around the perimeter of your prints. These guards clean excess filament off of your extruder, reducing nozzle clogging and improving performance.
Share your Advanced Dual Extrusion success stories by emailing ADX@MakerBot.com
New options in MakerWare 2.3 enable multimaterial usage on both of our MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers. You can stretch the limits of 3D printing with MakerBot® Flexible Filament for the MakerBot® Replicator® 2 and print detailed internal structures with MakerBot® Dissolvable Filament for the MakerBot Replicator 2X. There are custom profiles for both new members of our filament family in MakerWare 2.3. Read about how to create and edit Custom Profiles here.
Print Preview lets you see into the future. Now you don’t have to wait for an object to print to discover what it will look like when it’s done. Test out color possibilities, or explore your preview layer-by-layer. View time and materials estimates that tell you how much you’ll need of both to print your creation. You can even visualize extruder toolpaths to see where support will be applied and how infill patterns will look.
MakerBot® MakerWare RELEASE NOTES
- New MakerBot Slicer Features:
- Advanced Dual-Extrusion
- Dual Extrusion Support Material
- Dual Extrusion Rafts
- Dual Extrusion Bridging
- New Extrusion Guards for Dual-Extrusion prints
- Control over which toolhead prints Rafts and Support
- Multimaterial Printing using MakerBot Dissolvable Filament
- A MakerBot Flexible Filament option for the Replicator 2
- Advanced Dual-Extrusion
- UI Changes
- “Lay Flat” button
- Objects too large for the build volume result in an alert and the option to resize the object
- Orthographic projection skybox option
- Print Preview
- Toolpath Visualization
- Material Estimation
- Print Time Estimation
- Conveyor Changes
- Conveyor no longer uses PID files or the Python virtualenv
- Changes in Firmware 7.5
- Bug fix related to Heat Hold
- Other minor bug fixes
- Windows XP users should continue to use 2.2.2. MakerWare will not support this operating system going forward.
UPDATE: MakerWare 2.3.1 is now available with the following changes:
- A fix for graphics display failures on the latest Nvidia driver.
- A fix for objects sometimes appearing black in Print Preview.
UPDATE: MakerWare 2.3.2 is now available with the following changes:
- Digitizer Firmware update
- Conveyor performance optimization
- Few minor slicer changes regarding temperature, rafts and bridging