MakerBot MakerWare 2.0 Now Available!
Announcing MakerBot MakerWare 2.0, , our latest release of the software we create that drives your MakerBot. It’s an important release, go Download it now. This is the update you’ve been waiting for if you have ordered a MakerBot Replicator 2X or have an original MakerBot Replicator with dual extruders.
Click below to read about all the updates and the full release notes.
WHAT’S NEW IN MAKERBOT MAKERWARE 2.0
● Full MakerBot Replicator 2X support. Those of you with a MakerBot Replicator 2X in the shipping queue will be all set with MakerBot MakerWare when you get your delivery from us.
● Change model color. As a visual aid, you can now set objects on your platform to display in different colors. You can use these colors to mostly match the spools of filament on your MakerBot Desktop 3D Printer.
● Dual extrusion support. Now you can use MakerBot MakerWare to create integrated two-color prints on your MakerBot Replicator (Dual) or MakerBot Replicator 2X. The new tools enable you to designate which part of your model will come from which extruder.
● Slicing enhancements. New optimizations to our algorithm help you print better single-wall objects, and account for the subtle differences in PLA and ABS when preparing your model for printing.
Important! MakerBot MakerWare 2.0 includes some improvements to custom printing profiles. If you have already made some custom profiles, update them by setting the MaxSpurWidth setting to 0.4.
Custom profiles are currently unavailable for MakerBot Replicator 2X (for single and dual extrusion) and Replicator (for dual extrusion only). We’ll have an update on it soon!
WHAT’S NEW IN MAKERBOT FIRMWARE 7.2
If you don’t have the latest MakerBot Firmware, you’re not taking advantage of all of the improvements we’ve made to your overall printing experience. Take a minute to update your to MakerBot Firmware 7.2 now. Here’s what’s new.
● S3G files are no longer visible on the SD card – only X3G files are supported. This should be less confusing.
● The z-axis will now reach a home position before starting the level build plate script. Now you can more easily get your hands under the platform to start leveling.
FOR MAKERBOT THING-O-MATIC OWNERS
If you are a MakerBot Thing-O-Matic user, you might consider downloading Sailfish Firmware, developed by MakerBot Thingiverse rockstars and excellent community members Jetty and dnewman.
FULL RELEASE NOTES
MakerBot Firmware 7.2
- Support for the MakerBot Replicator 2X
- S3G files are no longer visible on the SD card – only X3G files are supported
- Some language changes and bug fixes
- Home the z-axis before starting the level build plate script
- Ability to reset the lifetime total field in Bot Statistics
MakerBot MakerWare 2.0
- Set user’s type of MakerBot on first run of MakerBot MakerWare
- Show help message the first time the user encounters a dual extrusion Thing
- Set type of MakerBot to control build volume and dual extrusion tools
- UI indicator for Type of MakerBot when not connected
- Set object display colors
- Choose extruder on a dual extrusion MakerBot
- Connect to the MakerBot Replicator 2X
- Print dual extrusion objects with the MakerBotReplicator Dual and the MakerBot Replicator 2X
- Remember advanced settings as well as basic from last print
- Offer to convert dual extrusion objects to single extrusion if a single extrusion bot type is selected
- Remember last selected file export type and location
- PLA and ABS have separate default profiles
Installation & Upgrades
- Linux installer now includes python-mock
- There is a change to the repository URL for Linux users. Check the Linux install page for more information. This is a one-time change in order to upgrade to MakerBot MakerWare 2.0 and will not be required in the future.
- MakerBot Slicer fixes
- Extra support material no longer added outside of objects
- Improved quality in printing single-walled objects such as the Stretchy Bracelet
- Correct temperature now shown inside MakerBot MakerWare during preheat
UPDATE! There is a known issue in MakerWare 2.0.1 for Windows users with AMD graphics cards. We’re tackling it and will have a release as soon as possible. If you are experiencing trouble with MakerWare 2.0.1, please download MakerWare 2.0.0 here.