LAST DATE UPDATED: May 25, 2018
I. Background and Purpose
II. Types of Information, How Information is Used, and How Information is Disclosed
A. Information We Collect Directly
Children who create a Company Account in accordance with Section III and Section IV below (“Child Users“) must provide us with the following Personal Information to register a Company Account with our Sites: first name, last name, email, country, username for Sites, birthdate, and password for Sites. If verifiable parental consent is not received by MakerBot from you, we will delete the Personal Information your Child provided to us during the Company Account registration process and a Company Account will not be created for your Child.
B. Information We Collect Automatically (Through Tracking)
We use technology to automatically collect information from our Users, including Child Users, and Children when they access and navigate through the Sites and use certain of the Sites’ features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers and/or cookies that can be used to recognize a User over time and across different websites and online services; and/or
- Information that identifies a device’s location (geolocation information).
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with Personal Information about Users, including Child Users, that we collect online.
C. How We Use and Disclose Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from a Child to register his or her Company Account.
We use and, in some cases, disclose the Personal Information we collect from a Child User to:
- communicate with him or her about activities or features of the Sites that may be of interest;
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about a Child User’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests;
- speed up a Child User’s searches on the Site;
- share with third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Sites and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the Personal Information only for such purpose and to keep the Personal Information confidential;
- comply with law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of MakerBot, our customers or others, including to protect the safety of a Child User;
- protect the safety and security of the Sites; and/or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
III. Children Using the Sites and Services
If MakerBot is unable to obtain verifiable parental consent from a Parent, a Parent or educator may create a Company Account for use of the Sites and Services for use by a Child only if the Parent or educator uses his or her own Personal Information only, and not any Personal Information of the Child, to create the Account. If you are an educator using our Sites and Services to provide education instruction to Children and are creating a Company Account for use by a Child, you must use the email account associated with your educational institution to create the Company Account.
We enable Users, including Child Users, to communicate with others on or through Sites through messaging and posting to public areas of the Sites (“Social Features“). The nature of these features allows Users, including Child Users, to disclose Personal Information about themselves. We do not monitor or review this content before it is posted. Children who are not Child Users (i.e., do not have a Company Account registered with the Sites) do not have access to and are not permitted to engage in the Social Features and, therefore, are not permitted to share Personal Information through the Sites.
MakerBot does not control the actions of third parties with whom your Child shares his or her information. We encourage Parents and educators to educate Children about safe internet use and to monitor their Children’s use of Social Features.
IV. Providing and/or Revoking Verifiable Parental Consent
Part of our Company Account registration process requires a Child to provide a Parent’s email address. MakerBot will send instructions of how to provide the verifiable parental consent required to register a Company Account for a Child to the Parent’s email address that the Child provides during the Company Account registration process. For questions regarding verifiable parental consent for the registration of a Company Account for your Child, please contact COPPA@makerbot.com or email@example.com. At any time, you may review your Child User’s Personal Information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the Personal Information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the Child User’s Personal Information.
You can review, change, or delete your Child User’s Personal Information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
V. Contact Us