OpenSCAD is a 3D modelling program in which you type commands to alter objects, rather than interacting with them directly. It’s a great tool for parametric design.
MakerBlock’s OpenSCAD Tutorial Series
This series of tutorials by MakerBlock originally appeared on the MakerBot blog, and we think they’re a great way to get started with OpenSCAD.
- Basics: The Setup
- Basics: 2D Forms
- Basics: 3D Forms
- Basics: Manipulating Forms
- Intermediates: Combining Forms
- Intermediates: Mashups
- Intermediates: Modularity
- Intermediates: Extruding 2D Objects
- Intermediates: Fixing Design Problems
- Intermediates: Organic Shapes