Official Rules As Defined by MakerBot Industries, LLC (“Sponsor”).
MakerBot Store Giveaway Period: MakerBot Store Giveaway start date & time and end date & time as outlined on website is Friday, 11/22/2013 at 12:00PM EST to Tuesday, 12/24/2013 at 11:59PM EST. All entries must be received no later than 12/24/2013 at 11:59PM EST.
Who May Enter: The MakerBot Store Giveaway (the “MakerBot Store Giveaway”) is only open to legal U.S. residents who are 16 and over at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or those living in the same household (whether or not related) of Sponsor, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, distributors and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “MakerBot Store Giveaway Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win.
Entrants under 18 years old must obtain written consent of a parent or legal guardian in order to be eligible to receive any prizes. Please see “ACKNOWLEDGMENT” in these Official Rules for details. MakerBot Store Giveaway is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where is prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Residents of Canada, Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Myanmar (Burma), or other individuals restricted by U.S. export controls and sanctions are ineligible to participate. The giveaway is void in these countries and where prohibited or restricted by U.S. or local law.
MakerBot Store Giveaway Entry: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter during the MakerBot Store Giveaway Period, visit Sponsor’s retail store in either Boston, MA or Greenwich, CT (“Sponsor Retail Store”) and complete the MakerBot Store Giveaway entry registration on the iPad located in the Sponsor Retail Store set up for the purpose of this MakerBot Store Giveaway. Registration may include the following: name, complete address, city, state, zip, email address, and telephone number (“MakerBot Store Giveaway Entry Registration”). Limit one entry per person per day.
All MakerBot Store Giveaway Entry Registrations must be submitted during normal business hours of the Sponsor Retail Store where it is submitted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, damaged, or illegible entries.
For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of entry occurs when the iPad’s server records the entry information resulting from Entrants’ entry being received. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules.
MakerBot Store Giveaway Entry Registrations must be made by the Entrant only. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the MakerBot Store Giveaway is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Winner Selection/Random Drawing: One (1) winner per MakerBot Retail Store will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the MakerBot Store Giveaway Period. The random drawing will be conducted on or about January 5, 2014, by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to this MakerBot Store Giveaway are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this MakerBot Store Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the MakerBot Store Giveaway Period.
Winner Notification: Winners will be determined after the MakerBot Store Giveaway’s end date and announced on the Sponsor’s blog during the first week of January 2014! The phone number and/or email address indicated on the MakerBot Store Giveaway Entry Registration will be used to contact the Winners. In the event the phone number or email address provided on the MakerBot Store Giveaway Entry Registration is invalid, illegible, or is not that of the Winner, an alternate winner will be drawn at random from among all remaining eligible entries.
Prize(s): A total of one (1) MakerBot Replicator 2 3D Desktop Printer will be awarded as the prize – a $2,199 USD retail value (“Prize”). Winners are solely responsible for all expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prize, including without limitation, all taxes (if any). A winner is not a recipient of a Prize until Sponsor has verified him or her as a winner. Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to a winner after it has been formally transferred and such winner will then assume full responsibility for the Prize(s). When shipping overseas, winners are responsible for any fees associated with taxes or customs. All Prize selections are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Prize(s) Delivery: Prize will be delivered to winners at an address designated by a winner at the MakerBot Store Giveaway Entry Registration as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on http://store.makerbot.com/terms. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, delayed, or mishandled shipments. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect addresses listed in the winner’s MakerBot Store Giveaway Entry Registration Form or failure of delivery for any reason.
Acknowledgment: By entering in this giveaway:
- Entrants agree and accept these Official Rules.
- Entrant waives any right to inspect or approve finished photographs, audio, video, multimedia, or advertising recordings and copy or printed matter or computer generated scanned image and other electronic media that may be used in conjunction therewith or to approve the eventual use that it might be applied.
- Winning constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner’s name, images, hometown, likeness, prizes won, stories, audio, video and photograph (all at Sponsor’s discretion) for future advertising, exhibition, publicity in any and all media including, without limitation, cable and broadcast television and the Internet, now or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- After the winning notifications, written consent of acceptance of these Official Rules for any winner under the age of 18 must be given via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to Sponsor’s address listed in these official rules (“Sponsor Address”) within fifteen (15) business days, after which consent wil be confirmed by Sponsor. The written consent must contain: (a) name, (b) regular mailing address, (c) telephone number, and (d) email address for the parent or guardian granting consent for the minor. Except where prohibited by law, parent or guardian of a winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, parent or guardian of a winner must return all such required documents via fax (or as otherwise instructed) within forty-eight (48) hours and via U.S. Mail within seven (7) days following attempted notification or such winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another Entrant may be selected based on the judging criteria described herein.
- Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made. Subject to sufficient eligible entries, no more than the Prize listed above will be awarded. All federal, state and local taxes, where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winner, who is also responsible for all fees, surcharges, and expenses not mentioned herein and associated with acceptance, award, enjoyment, and/or use of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for a winner’s limitations that prevent acceptance or use of the Prize.
Data Privacy: Data privacy and protection is very important to Sponsor. The privacy practices of this MakerBot Store Giveaway are governed by the privacy provision in the MakerBot.com Terms of Service.
Limitation of Liability: By entering and/or accepting Prize, Entrants and winners agree to hold and assign Sponsor and its promotional partners, directors, officers, and employees harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property, relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this giveaway, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and Entrant (or, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this MakerBot Store Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA without regard to New York choice of law rules.
Severability: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
Winners List: Winners will be announced at www.makerbot.com/blog on Monday,
January 5, 2014.
Sponsor Address: MakerBot Industries, LLC, 1 MetroTech Center, 21st Floor,
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Participating Sponsor Retail Store Addresses:
• Boston: 144 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 02116
• Greenwich: 200 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830