MakerBot Jobs: Video Superstar
MakerBot Industries looking for a motivated video producer for a new MakerBot online video series. We are looking for someone to take on all aspects of producing a weekly video series related to the culture and community of MakerBot. This will include coming up with great story ideas, shooting and editing segments, publishing them online and staying in communication with online audiences.
Initially, you will be working with a consulting producer to help define the look, feel and direction of the show. Once the show is off the ground and processes are in place, you will take over the daily duties of producing the show. You will often collaborate with other MakerBot employees in sourcing story ideas and shooting segments.
Story ideas may include how people are using their MakerBot, interesting places MakerBots are being used (classrooms, prisons, design shops, etc) interesting designs and mashups people are sharing on Thingiverse and new MakerBot product features. That’s just a start. Click through for the details!
– Coming up with segment story ideas
– Lighting and shooting scenes
– Interviewing guests
– Being comfortable in front of and behind the camera
– Editing segments
– Publishing completed videos to the Internet
– Participating in related on-line communities
– Love making video!
– Love robots!
– Love people who love robots!
– Are naturally comfortable in front of the camera
– Are involved or have a good understanding of open source and maker culture
– Are a good story teller
– Are a good interviewer
– Know how to shoot and edit video (you know Final Cut Pro well)
– Have industry or university experience in filmmaking or video production
– Motion graphics skills are a plus
– Know how to use the Internet
– Plays well with others
This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated, creative individual who loves collaborative, DIY culture and is inspired to highlight the best of what’s happening in the world of democratized 3D printing and manufacturing. A lot of people will be watching. This is a full-time position, based from our Brooklyn headquarters, though some travel may be required. Salary is commensurate based on experience.
MakerBot Industries is a company founded in January 2009 by Bre Pettis, Adam Mayer, and Zach Smith producing an open source 3D printer to democratize manufacturing. You order it, build it, and you have a machine that can make you almost anything!
How to Apply:
Please send us a short video describing your video production experience and what ideas you would bring to the table if you were hired for this position to email@example.com. Please include a cover email with links to previous work you’ve produced.