New MakerBot MultiScan Technology vastly expands the capabilities of the MakerBot Digitizer. MultiScan allows you to scan objects from multiple angles so that you can make higher quality models than ever before. Now, you can capture the top, bottom, and hidden parts of objects simply by changing the orientation of the object you’re scanning. Stay tuned for our next Digitizer Education blog for a complete rundown of this game-changing capability.
With MakerWare 2.4, we’re introducing a lighting acclimation feature that lessens the impact of strong overhead light on your scans. We’ve also upgraded our Extrusion Guards to improve stability, and implemented filament fan modulation to prevent filament clogging in the MakerBot Replicator 2.
1. Added MultiScan Technology to MakerWare for Digitizer
2. Added lighting acclimation which reduces halos from overhead lighting at the beginning of a scan, resulting in higher quality 3D models
3. Added performance tracking to MakerWare
4. Implemented new filament fan modulation on the MakerBot Replicator 2 to reduce PLA and Flexible Filament stringing
5. Added ability to combine overlapping object meshes
6. Created a more stable Extrusion Guard pattern
7. Bug fix for temperature settings in the Make dialog only getting applied to the preheat temperature
8. Bug fix for MakerWare crashing when custom profiles are created on 32-bit Windows systems
MakerWare 2.4 does not currently support Ubuntu 13.10. We will be releasing a compatible build of MakerWare shortly.
Makerware for Digitizer
MakerBot® Replicator® Desktop
and powerful tool that works in
tandem with your favorite 3D
over thousands of hours to provide
you with the best quality and most
reliable 3D printing experience.
interface lets you easily move,
rotate, and scale your 3D models.
Printing is made easy, but
control is still in your hands.
ﬁle into very thin layers to prepare it for
3D printing. Experts can dig deeper
into options and settings.
to ﬁnd thousands of designs
others have shared, and that
you can make too!
3D Scanner quickly turns the things
in your world into 3D models you can
modify, improve, share, and 3D print.
use your favorite modeling
program to create something
0.3 mm Layer Height
0.2 mm Layer Height
0.1 mm Layer Height
MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer.
to MakerBot 3D Printer.