At this time, MakerBot Desktop is only recommended for use with the MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer (Fifth Generation Model).
For all other MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers, please download
Note: MakerBot Desktop is a complete solution for discovering, managing, and sharing 3D prints. Continuing, planned enhancements to the app ensure that it will soon be recommended for all MakerBot Replicator 3D printers (plus, the MakerBot Thing-O-Matic).
1. Users can now change filament or attach a Smart Extruder from the print monitor panel
2. The Print and Export dialogs now display slicing progress
3. File transfer progress has been added to the Firmware Update dialog
4. The IP address of a network-connected Fifth Generation printer is now displayed in the Device Preferences dialog
5. Bug fix for background service errors caused by disconnecting from an Ethernet network
6. Bug fix for USB-connected printers not connecting automatically
7. Small bug fixes related to firmware updating
8. Support for Linux (Ubuntu and Fedora)
1. Following a successful firmware update over an Ethernet network, users may have to close and reopen MakerBot Desktop to reconnect to a Replicator (Fifth Generation Model).
1. Fix for issue where print resumes at a slightly offset location after suspend
2. Fix for issue where errors are not always surfaced (e.g., heating or filament errors)
3. Fix for motor noise on boot up
4. Workaround for intermittent white screen issue (Hold down the top and bottom buttons to reset the screen)
5. Start of print UI flow enhancements
6. Lifetime print time in stats menu
7. Firmware update improvements
8. System performance and USB link improvements
9. Extruder blockage mitigation
10. Homing error mitigation
An additional, stabilizing surface at the print’s base. Rafts help
ensure adhesion to the build plate and better print quality.