Wired’s new blog, “Wired Design,” recently featured a bunch of super sweet mini printers. I just love these freaking things!!! Super tiny and compact thermal paper printers are just about the cutest and neatest little projects out there. The video above depicts Adafruit’s IoT Printer – a variation which prints text and several kinds of bar codes.
Just think of the possibilities:
- Print all of “On The Road” out in one continuous roll of thermal paper
- Printing customized souvenir receipts at an event
- Just once, I’d like to give a police officer a ticket
- Printing QR codes for… anything
Here’s what else really intrigues me – the entire printer is SO small that you could design and print a case for your printer. That’s right, a printed printer case. 1 I just know someone out there is dying to make a Stephen Colbert head that spews Stephen Colbert’s tweets.
- While you’re at it, you could even design a carrying case for it. A printed printer case for carrying a printer inside a casing made on a printer. [↩]
|Tagged with||adafruit, colbert, iot, iot printer, mini printers, open source friends, Stephen Colbert, wired, wired design||3 comments|