We’re excited to announce that the latest version of ReplicatorG is now available for download! This version includes a number of under-the-hood improvments, GUI improvements, and one major new feature: stored home positions for Thing-O-Matics. The Z height offset (as well as X and Y) are now stored in the machine’s EEPROM, which means you no longer need to edit your start.gcode whenever your machine height changes.
Here’s a full list of the changes in this release:
* Print-O-Matic integrated into the GCode generation engine
* Store/recall home position support: No more need to modify start.gcode when your Z height changes.
* Drag & Drop support: drop .stl or .gcode files into ReplicatorG to open them.
* Frostruder support for Thing-O-Matic
* Support for local firmware.xml files (file:// urls)
* Support for internet proxies, using the default Java proxy configuration.
* Added Skeinforge 40, for experimental purposes
* Updates to most core libraries
* Skeinforge 35 is now default
* Wipe commands removed from cupcake profiles
* HPB default temperature lowered to 110 degrees
* Rewritten gcode execution engine: fixes many bugs, such as ‘gcode parser is null’
* Homing feedrate specified in machine profile
* Numerous Ultimaker, RaMPS, and RepRap improvements
* Numerous UI tweaks to improve look&feel on OS X
There are a few known issues. In particular, the simulation feature is currently disabled (it’s being replaced with something more awesome), and there are reports that gen3 electronics with stepper extruders aren’t working. We’ll make a point release to address these issues shortly, and if you notice any other ones, please let us know.
|Tagged with||22 comments|