MakerCare | Important Changes to MakerCare and Support

MakerCare_Support_Final_10_1_revision

As MakerBot’s business continues to expand, we’ve been hard at work restructuring the way MakerBot Support and our MakerBot MakerCare Protection Plans work for our customers.

We revamped, tweaked, took cues from other successful hardware companies, built anew, and are happy to report our new MakerBot MakerCare Protection Plans are the most comprehensive technical support programs available for MakerBot products. We’ve also furnished our website with great information to better support you, and provided our expert Support team with the tools to provide you with fast, friendly problem resolution that’s more responsive and comprehensive than ever before.

One, Two, or Three Years of MakerCare
Starting today, you have brand new options when you purchase MakerBot MakerCare. Customers who buy any of our Fifth Generation MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers can now purchase one, two, or three year plans. As a reminder, these printers are the MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer, the MakerBot Replicator Mini Compact 3D Printer, and the MakerBot Replicator Z18 3D Printer. You can also purchase one, two, or three year plans for the MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner.

All MakerBot MakerCare customers will have ready access to top notch phone and email support, from the people who know your MakerBot product best, as well as free replacement of damaged parts from wear and tear and accidents. For your convenience, we’ve also added Live Chat support so that we can help you in the way that’s best for you.

To order your MakerBot MakerCare, call us at +1.347.334.6800.

Adjust Your Plan by October 1st
If you already own a MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer, you can adjust your plan, regardless of when you purchased your printer, until October 1, 2014.

If you own any of our Fifth Generation MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers or the MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner and have MakerCare, you can extend your current MakerCare plan to two or three years.

If you do not currently have MakerCare, you can buy up to three years retroactively from day of delivery. If you own a MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer or a MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer, you can extend your current MakerCare plan for one year or, if you’re not already covered, purchase a new one-year plan.

60 Days of Free Email Support
If you choose to not purchase MakerBot MakerCare, we’re still here to help you. For the first 60 days after your MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer is delivered, you’ll be able to use our email support. If you’re outside of that time frame, you may purchase single-issue support for the term of a single issue.

Visit Our Growing Knowledge Base
All our customers always have access to our redesigned online support page, which provides answers to common questions and issues, as well as FAQs, tips, tricks, and helpful videos. We regularly update these pages with the latest product-specific information to answer our customers’ most frequent questions.

Want to Learn More?
If you want to know more about our new MakerBot MakerCare Protection Plan and MakerBot Support, please visit our FAQ.

• Bill Berlemann
    June 17, 2014 at 2:12 pm

If I need parts, how do I go about ordering them?

Tiffany Diorio
      June 17, 2014 at 5:26 pm

@Bill: If you need to purchase any parts for your printer you can call our Support staff and they can set up the order for you, but after September 1 we will have a program in place for you to place part orders. We’ll have more information about the program in upcoming blog posts, so please keep an eye out.

@Francis: You can extend your MakerCare plan for another year up until September 1. As for details on future charges, we’ll include that information in our blog post follow-up which will come out soon!

• Francis O. Blackwell
    June 17, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Can I extend my current maker care for my 2X ?
    If so, how much.

How much are you going to charge for future support after maker care expires ?

• Orsbie Wingfield
    August 28, 2014 at 1:29 pm

I have a Replicater 2 and a digitizer Can I extend my curret coverage and how much will it cost me? Since I have owned my digitizer it has never worked properly what will my coverage help me with?

Tiffany Diorio
      August 29, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Hi Orsbie,
      We can help you extend your current coverage plan. Just give us a call at 347-334-6800, so we can work out the details with you. Also, we set up a FAQ on our MakerCare Protection Plan page that may help clear up any questions you may have. You can find it here: http://www.makerbot.com/makercare.

• Chance
    September 11, 2014 at 9:37 am

This is a joke. My Z-18 has been down for over 6 weeks. I have sent countless emails, and called and sat on hold more hours than I care to say. Countless suggestions from ” Support experts”, multiple firmware updates, several different types of filament, 2 “smart” extruders and I still can’t get it to print correctly. Now yall wont even support your printers without people spending more money?

Chandra
      September 12, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Hi Chance, So sorry to hear that you’ve been having trouble with your MakerBot Replicator Z18. I see that our Support Expert informed you that we just released a new version of our FirmWare this week that should fix your problem. Have you updated your FirmWare yet? Let us know if you are still having problems and we’d be happy to help.

• cláudio
    September 15, 2014 at 10:01 am

change. I am having the same problem, how you solved your ??

Chandra
      September 15, 2014 at 10:28 am

Hi Cláudio – Sorry to hear you’ve been having problems. I see you have a case open with our Support team so I’ll make sure that someone is in touch soon. Thank you so much for your patience!

• Mac
    October 17, 2014 at 6:39 am

Hi,

I have been asking for support since I needed replacement for the extruder assembly of 2x but the last email I received was on June 26, 2014. There also countless number of case number generated for me but still not resolved. I would like to purchase the extruder assembly along with some filaments at one go but the extruder is not available on line. Till now I still do not have a response. I badly need your help. Then I saw this makercare now.

• mac
    October 17, 2014 at 6:44 am

Hi,

I have been waiting for assistance for my need to purchase the extruder set for 2x but until now I still got no reply, The last email I received was on June 26, 2014. Also, my problem with the 2x of not properly printing was not resolved even with the suggestions from the support. I badly need the extruder and would also need some filaments. I would like to orer them at one go but the extruder is not available online.
    Please help.

Jodie
      October 17, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Hi Mac – We apologize for all the inconvenience. I’ve contacted our Support and Sales team, and a team member should be reaching out to you shortly. Thanks for your patience!