MakerBot and Stratasys Announce Merger

Posted by on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 in Uncategorized

Today’s a very exciting day at MakerBot!  We are thrilled to announce a merger between two global 3D printing industry leaders:  MakerBot and Stratasys.

What this means:  MakerBot’s mission remains the same and will continue to operate as a separate subsidiary within Stratasys, once the transaction is complete.

The last few years have been incredibly inspiring and exciting for us.  We have an aggressive model for growth.  Partnering with Stratasys will allow us to supercharge our mission to empower individuals, and lead the Next Industrial Revolution.  We are excited about the opportunities this combination will bring to our current and future customers.

MakerBot is an innovation company.  We innovate so others can innovate, and we believe 3D printing is fueling the Next Industrial Revolution. We have been a pioneer in desktop 3D printing – which provides affordable 3D printing access to individuals, from engineers, architects, designers, entrepreneurs and educators, in addition to hobbyists and makers.

We are very excited about this opportunity and hope you join us in fueling the Next Industrial Revolution!

CLICK HERE TO READ NEWS RELEASE

• Nate Westheimer
    June 19, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Congrats everyone. <3 MakerBot!

• Deke S.
    June 19, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Congratulations, MakerBotters! May the next manufacturing revolution continue to roll on!

• Danh Trinh
    June 19, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Great news! Now MakerBot has access to Stratays patents.

• ErikJDurwoodII
    June 20, 2013 at 3:07 am

MakerBot has the publicity and culture, Stratasys has the IP and corporate muscle.

This is a tasty soup with excellent ingredients. For a while I opined about what could be achieved if MakerBot didn’t have to walk through a patent mine-field.

Looks like we get to find out!

• steeve becker
    June 20, 2013 at 3:10 am

Congratulation !

I hope to have Bre thoughts about this merge what he is expected 🙂

the market target will change ? enlarge ?

let’s see

a page is turned

• Domenick Salvemini
    June 20, 2013 at 7:41 am

I am excited and saddened by this merge. I am excited to see Makerbot grow but I am saddened that this could mean the end of the personal attention and home like atmosphere. I was watching to see Makerbot be to 3D printing what Apple is to computers, but I am afraid this merge will absorb the Makerbot name and fade into the industrial world. I hope I am wrong and Makerbot continues its original idea of “Keeping things AWSOME”

• duann
    June 20, 2013 at 8:18 am

Wow, Congrats to all the Makerbot and Stratasys teams.

I am looking forward to see what fruits this cross-pollination brings.

• GatorALLin
    June 20, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I hope that Makerbot can keep retail System costs down and keep innovations and adding both new hardware and software features occuring at a fast pace.

• Simon
    June 22, 2013 at 7:30 am

Stratasys used to be called Objet; a leading company that develops industrial 3D printers costing no less than ten times MakerBot’s own products, so it should be interesting to see what expertise this new partnership will bring to the table…

A multi-material MakerBot printer peropl can afford, perhaps?!