MakerWare Bug Fixes In Version 2.0.1
MakerWare 2.0.1 is now available with some important fixes to the recent release of MakerWare 2.0. Our goal is for everyone to understand these updates we make and how we make them, and what we’re working on next.
Here’s what’s new:
● Several people had some problems with installation, particularly on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). Those problems have been fixed.
● Some Windows XP users were also having issues getting MakerWare to detect their MakerBot. The Windows drivers have been adjusted in this release to fix that.
● MakerWare 2.0 had some limitations in creating custom profiles, especially for MakerBot Replicator 2X users and Replicator users generating dual extrusion models. The 2.0.1 release addresses that, and custom profiles are now fully functional for everyone. Mac OS X users are now able to open the Skeinforge custom profile editor.
See the full release notes after the jump.
We recognize there are lots of unique situations out there, as people work with different computers and operating systems. We’re constantly trying to expand a great MakerWare experience to everyone, so keep your great feedback coming.
As we keep improving, a lot of MakerWare users have asked how we test for print quality. Look for a follow-up post soon with some good detail on this process. It’s pretty involved!
Remember that our Support Team is happy to help you with any technical support issues. Email [email protected] to open a ticket. If you have general feedback, feature requests, or just want to say hi, shoot an email to [email protected]. We’ve really been enjoying what you guys have shared with us so far, and all your smart ideas get shared around with our various teams.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a known issue with MakerWare 2.0.1 that will cause a crash for Windows users with AMD graphics cards. We are aware of the issue and will be releasing a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have an AMD system or have seen this issue, you can download MakerWare 2.0.0 here.
UPDATE: We have released an update to MakerWare to address the specific issue noted above. MakerWare 2.0.2 is now available, and it is identical to version 2.0.1, except for a small change to the MakerWare user interface. We believe this change will fix the problem for all users; however, anyone experiencing issues with MakerWare should not hesitate to contact MakerBot Support by emailing [email protected].
Here are the full release notes for MakerWare 2.0.1.
- The Replicator2X is able to print single and dual prints using custom profiles.
- Replicator dual-extrusion works with custom profiles.
- Mac OS X 10.6 installation problems have been fixed.
- Windows drivers have been adjusted to fix bot-detection issues on Windows XP.
- The Skeinforge custom profile editor opens on Mac OS X.
- The MakerWare version number is updated in the .pkg and .app files on Mac OS X.
- There’s a fix for the dual-extrusion help message appearing too often when a dual thing is selected.
- Text labels have been changed to be easier to read alongside the new skybox.
- The graphics rendering of the UI floor has been improved.
- The small, white dashed-line has been removed from the UI sky.
- There is an improved UI message when selecting Onboard Preferences during jog.
|Tagged with||6 comments|