MakerBot Replicator 2X Now Shipping!

iamge_1

It’s here! Shipping Day of the MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer. It’s sort of a holiday at MakerBot, like watching the baby leave the nest.

For those of you who have ordered this machine, hold onto your hats. Batch 1 is on its way out the door and we want you to be ready. Here are a couple housekeeping notes, and then some steps you’ll want to take to get set up.

First of all, go ahead and download the User Manual now. It certainly couldn’t hurt to read up a bit before your shipment arrives.

Speaking of shipments, make sure you keep an eye out for two boxes. You’ll be receiving your MakerBot Replicator 2X in a big box, and the enclosure lid that fits on top of your new machine separately (see below). Depending on the shipping service, these may arrive at the same time or at different times.

2Boxes

You can go ahead and get started printing without your enclosure lid. It’s probably not the best idea in the world, but it won’t break your MakerBot. Remember, you signed up for experimenting. Go ahead and see what happens when you make things with and without the enclosure lid. Try making things with kapton tape covering your build plate, and then try without. Take notes on what works and what doesn’t. You’re in the driver’s seat now, and everyone benefits from what you learn and share.

Oh, most importantly: talk to us! We built the MakerBot Replicator 2X for the people we knew would really test it out and experiment with the technology. If that’s you, we want you to share your feedback with us. We have a general feedback line, thoughts@makerbot.com, that’s just waiting for your good ideas.

While you wait, you’ll want to…

1. Make room! Maybe your new MakerBot will sit next to your current MakerBot. Maybe you should clear a space…on your coworker’s desk. Whatever works.

2. Make a profile at Thingiverse.com, if you haven’t already. This is where you’re going to find all the inspiration for what to make on your MakerBot.

3. Do some reading about dual extrusion, and check out some of the awesome dual extrusion designs uploaded to Thingiverse. Our very own Annelise has made a Thingiverse Collection to get you started.

• darlin asprilla
    February 26, 2013 at 9:41 pm

hello i’m from Colombia, an wish bay a markerbot, need you help to do it.

DARLIN ASPRILLA

• DOUG WHEATON
    March 3, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I bought my 2X on Jan 12. Is it in batch 1? Or when is expected shipping date?

HEARTWEAR PRINTING

• Josh
    March 5, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Bought mine Feb 4th and doubt I’m in batch one. Can’t wait to get a hold of this machine.

• Sean
    March 6, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Has anyone received their Replicator 2x enclosure lid?

I received the printer, and as was stated in this blog I did not receive the lid. I looking for someone who had received the lid and if you could pass on some guidance about:

1) Did you receive a separate tracking number?
    2) How many days between the printer and lid arrival?
    3) Do you also have to sign for the lid?

I waited ~6 weeks, so waiting a day or two more is not a big deal, but if there is a long delay before I get the lid, I will just start printing without it.

Thanks in advance!

• Dan Mooradian
    March 9, 2013 at 1:15 am

My Replicator 2x arrived today. Solid construction and absolutely beautiful. Can’t wait to build my first parts….several projects in the works!

In response to Sean’s question above, I have not received my core, I did not see evidence on the packing slip of a separate shipment of box. I did get two boxes but one contained several spools of ABS and PLA I ordered. I will post a message when it arrives. Please do likewise.

I am going to set it up and give it a spin with a makeshift cover (storage bin?) in the meantime.

Dan Mooradian
    The Simpatico Group LLC

• Heather
    March 9, 2013 at 1:57 am

I received our machine last week and have yet to receive the lid or tracking number. I asked about tracking number for lid and i received a reply via email sending me to this page. Sure wish i knew when it was going to arrive. I already knew it was coming in a separate box.

• Sean
    March 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Update:

Received the lid, hope this information helps others out…

1) The shipment came 7 days later
    2) If came from a different shipper (UPS)
    3) I did not get a tracking number before it arrived, it was a pleasant surprise
    4) I did not have to sign for it

It also came with another spool of PLA natural. I have printed a few objects and am VERY happy with the printer.

Thank you and hope to be a contributing part of the community soon!

Sean

• NEIL
    March 23, 2013 at 10:24 am

I see Rep 2 is shipment is coming out early, how about Rep 2X, I would love to hear back from you?

Love your work
    Neil Mc

• John
    March 29, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I ordered my Replicator 2x on Jan !6 and still have not received any of it. Any one else having a problem getting their Rep 2x

• Jason
    April 15, 2013 at 2:39 am

same here…Ordered Jan 31 and no reply from customer support -_- I am not so much concerned that its a bit late…but can someone from makerbot please let me know HOW late?

• Joshua
    April 16, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Unfortunately it’s the same for me… 2 weeks over due and no response from customer support.

• Matt
    April 29, 2013 at 11:45 am

Rep 2x almost 3 weeks overdue….contacted support 5 days ago and have yet to receive a response,

• Alex
    April 29, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Same here, Ordered Jan 25 and no useful reply from CS. And it is already 4+ week late.

Contacted support for 5+ times.

How late would it be??? please let me know.

• Ryan
    May 2, 2013 at 8:27 am

Same here. I ordered Feb 18th and no communication from MakerBot.

• Hortense
    June 8, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Just got my dazzling Rep 2x… with no lid as for now. They did put a note saying there might be a shipping delay between the components, so I guess it should arrive soon. I am so exited I can barely resist trying it out without the lid!

• Sarkis
    October 17, 2013 at 8:31 am

Hi
    How do you ship to Lebanon? or do you have a dealer??? thks