MakerBot TV – The End of A Season

So I have to ask… did anyone attempt to crack the code in this week’s R.Maker Adventure? If you haven’t, I dare you to try it – you just might end up on an adventure of your own!

As I announced in the latest episode of MakerBot TV, Season 2 of our weekly series has come to a close. We’re going to spend the next couple of months getting fresh ideas for Season 3 and we could definitely use your help. Let me know what you’d like to see in Season 3 of MakerBot TV by sending an email to annelise@makerbot.com, a tweet to @MakerBot TV, or by leaving a comment here on the blog.

And if you find yourself jonesing for your weekly dose remember that you can revisit Season 1Season 2, and the R.Maker Adventures at any time.

We’ve got a handful of extra special video projects coming your way this summer too so be sure to follow us on Twitter or subscribe to our channel on YouTube or iTunes so you can be the first to find out about them.

Thanks for watching! Keep it awesome!

Tagged with , , 7 comments

• Joe Larson
    May 24, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Code? What Code? I didn’t see any code? Are you talking about those super rapid flashes or the beeps?

It can’t be morse code. Or if it is you can’t possibly expect us to decipher that.

• Renee
    May 24, 2012 at 3:41 pm

SPOILER- MAYBE?

Ok, so I took the audio and put it into audacity to look at the waveform. You can see that it’s sort of dit and dah’s and when you put that into morse you get some numbers and the letters BY and some more numbers.

But I don’t think it’s lat and long because the numbers seem off.

Andrew
      May 25, 2012 at 6:46 am

Renee, you’re on the right track. How far off do the numbers seem?

• Renee
    May 25, 2012 at 10:14 am

-Spoiler-

Sorry about the spoiler warnings, just didn’t want to ruin it for people working on the puzzle. What I have so far is 70.901 DS 97 BY 40.684106. Those could be valid coordinates but it’s confusing with the DS 97. That and the 40 might be SA in morse also. The spacing was hard to determine. But it’s fun!

• brett
    May 30, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Did anyone crack this? I’ve got some coordinates, but they leave me in the ocean….

Andrew
    May 31, 2012 at 7:42 am

Okay, I spoke with Annelise and Josh (the genius animator of these shorts) and now I’m confused myself. I know this much: it’s not in the ocean. Update coming this morning!

• Joshua
    May 31, 2012 at 11:28 am

Man, you guys are awesome. They are in fact lat/long coordinates. As listed, they do define a point in the ocean – perhaps where a secret island lies….

Flipped, they lead you to Makerbot headquarters. – I think there’s also a minus sign that could easily have been lost in translation, and Renee, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the numbers you got is slightly off because of my breaking the morse code into three pieces.

I’m going to e-mail you two to arrange sending you each a poster if you’d like.