Your Mom Made You – Make Her a Flower!
Mother’s Day: Say It With Flowers
Mother’s Day is fast approaching and MakerBot wants you to say it with flowers — 3D printed flowers!
Mother Nature has decorated our planet with an endless variety of flowers, trees, ferns, and vines. Let’s model some original, printable flowers for the awesome Mamas in our lives– maybe even some that can sing, dance, or squirt water in her face — and share them on Thingiverse.com!
We’ve asked our own Mothers to *pick* their favorites, so c’mon, MakerBotters! Let’s make ‘em proud.
How to Participate
- Create a flower design and share it to Thingiverse.com with a Public Domain or Creative Common license.
- Tag your flower design : “thanks mom“
- Submit your entry by 11:59 pm. EST on May 10th, 2012
- Our jury of MakerBot Moms will review the submitted work and pick their top 5 favorites.
- We’ll announce winners and send out some swag!
At MakerBot, we love new designs, but we also love to see existing designs printed beautifully on a MakerBot 3D printer — so in addition to rewarding for designs, we shall grant many thousands of Internet points to those who print out any of the designs and share them with a loved one.
A Few Good Flowers — Some Inspiration
Looking for some inspiration? We have also assembled a quick-and-dirty playlist of favorite flowers from Thingiverse below.
And, just because:
|Tagged with||3d modeling, 3d printing, alice in wonderland, flowers, mother's day||One comment|