MakerBot Heads to Chicago!

This weekend, Keith, Nick, and myself are heading from Brooklyn to the Windy City to introduce The MakerBot Replicator to the gathering hoards at The Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) convention and host a wild meet up for MakerBot operators and Chicago makers at the hackerspace Pumping Station: One on Friday night.

So if you live in the Greater Chicago Area — or Illinois in general — you have no excuse not to zip over to join us at one of these two events!

Here’s where to find us!

The Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo

C2E2 Booth 635
North Building at McCormick Place
2301 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, Illinois
Hours:

• Friday, April 13, 2012 – 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Professionals Only)
  • Friday, April 13, 2012 – 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM (Open to the Public)
  • Saturday, April 14, 2012 – 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
  • Sunday, April 15, 2012 – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Pumping Station: One

3354 N. Elston – Name is painted on the door
(CTA stop is Belmont on the blue line)
Chicago, Illinois
Hours:

• Friday, April 13th - 9:00pm – 11:00pm
  • Refreshments, beer, and (probably) pizza to be provided, in quantity.

Also, head back to Pumping Station: One for their Saturday night 3rd Birthday Party benefit!

Tagged with , , , , , , , , 4 comments

• Moceri
    April 10, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Can’t wait!

If you are an operator and in the Chicago area, let me know! I know of only one other in the city. It would be great to meet up sometime! Also, check out the What It Is gallery in the Loop. Makerbot artists and I have objects on display :)

• Ryan
    April 11, 2012 at 2:50 am

I wish I would of known about this sooner, I was just in Chicago last week. I have an old Cupcake CNC (#1515), but I live about 3 hours south of Chicago so I dont think I would be able to make it. I have really been wanting to check out the new Replicator too. Especially now that my makerbot isn’t running like it used to. :(

• Nick
    April 11, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I am thinking of going this weekend if I can break free. I have a cupcake that I’m trying to upgrade and would like to see what they have to say about the new Replicator.

• Pumping Station: One » Blog Archive MakerBot Comes to PS:1
    April 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm

[...] weekend the MakerBot team will be showing off their new Replicator printers at C2E2.  On Friday after the show, MakerBot will be hosting a meetup for 3d printing fans and anyone who [...]

All products in your cart at the time of purchase will qualify for the special financing promotion if purchased with Dell Preferred Account between 10-30-2014 through 11/25/2014.