March Mid-Century Madness!
A mere month and a half ago, a small, disgruntled groundhog, also apparently known as a woodchuck, was yanked from his comfort zone to bestow some prophecy on us. As conflicted as I am about this practice, I am so happy that we now know there is only another week before…
Mad Men returns.
One of our genius community members, Miles of TeamTeamUSA, has used his love of the TV show and mid-century design as inspiration for a series of Things on Thingiverse. TeamTeamUSA, lest we forget, is also the brain behind Project Shellter.
Miles’ goal is to create a full Mad Men playset by the time the show premieres on Sunday.1 His first few Things are absolutely fantastic. Here are a couple things to keep in mind:
- Miles suggests sanding or filing your finished pieces or the components of your pieces to get smooth edges.
- If you don’t have appropriate filament colors, take the extra step to paint or color your pieces with permanent marker.
Here are the first three pieces in the Mad Men Playset. We’ll be posting on this throughout the week, leading up to Sunday’s show. We can’t wait to see what our community members come up with!
Be sure to:
- Upload your designs to Thingiverse and tag them with “Madiverse”.
- Share your creations with us over twitter with the hashtag #Madiverse.
- That’s Sunday, March 25, 9-11pm EDT, 2012 C.E. [↩]
|Tagged with||AMC, furniture, Mad Men, Madiverse, playset, project shellter, teamteamusa, Thingiverse, TV||Leave a comment|