MakerBotting 101 – How Does It Work

YouTube Preview Image

Are you coming across the MakerBot Replicator for the first time? Are you still trying to wrap your head around how a MakerBot works? Are you trying to explain to a friend what a MakerBot is, but frustrated because they still don’t get it? Well stop being frustrated and confused and WATCH THIS VIDEO! This is where MakerBot CEO and Co-founder Bre Pettis explains it all! See the MakerBot Replicator in action for the first time ever! And be amazed!

Tagged with , , , , , , , 7 comments

• Luis
    January 10, 2012 at 12:19 pm

That was a great video! More of this with titles like “ok now let’s delve into Replcator G” These would really help those beginning as well as existing users see how to do something new with the latest and greatest, It doens’t have to be Bre but it’s very cool to see the CEO present these and his energy is perfect! Another great job Annelise!

• Lindajeanne Schwartz
    January 10, 2012 at 12:52 pm

OMG! You took a page right out of Star Trek!
    I am so interested in this!
    Amazing!!!

• Martin
    January 10, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Would you be able to tell me how long it takes to print that rabbit please? I’ve been struggling to find videos of printing in real time without any edits or speeding up. I know form the specs it can do 24cc/hr flow but I would like to put that into context. Thanks.

• Matt S.
    January 10, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Martin – to give you some ideas, the Giant Hollow Two Color World globe that is featured on Thingiverse and used in the unveiling video took 15 hours to print (according to Far from MBI). It could probably get dropped to 13-14 depending on settings. So, that bunny probably took 8-10 hours, is my guess.

• Pieter Bos
    January 11, 2012 at 4:35 am

Its assembled ? why bre why i loved putting my tom together. Will there be a kit?

• Tracy
    January 7, 2015 at 4:39 pm

I have a few questions. How long for the makerbot to print one out. How much material is used per print out. Can you paint the models and with what paint would work best. I’m an art teacher that will be using on in the next year and would use in my sculpture class.

Jodie
      January 8, 2015 at 10:26 am

Hi Tracy! Great questions. Depending on the size and model printer you’d be working on, your estimated print time may vary. For more detailed answers feel free to reach out to our Sales Team at Sales(at)makerbot(dot)com. You can absolutely paint your printed models! We suggest cellulose spray paints or oil paints, though acrylic paints are considered to be the best choice. mbot.co/1dIX12b

Finance with Affirm

How does Affirm work?

Buy now with Affirm and pay over time. It’s simple financing that fits your life.

Monthly Payments

Pay over time with Affirm and split your purchase into 3, 6, or 12 monthly payments. Rates from 10-30% APR.

Easy Checkout

Select the Affirm payment option when you check out and provide some basic information to get instantly approved.