Where my Sugrus at?
In case you haven’t heard the amazing news, the MakerBot store now carries Sugru – a moldable clay-like rubber that air-cures into a durable, flexible, grippy, waterproof and insulating rubber. 1 2 Frankly, it is difficult for me to think of things that wouldn’t be improved by adding Sugru. One of the features of Sugru I’m particularly interested in is it’s ability to bond tightly to printed ABS parts. This seems like a really cool way to quickly assemble something out of smaller printed parts.
So, I ask you gentle reader – where are all of the Sugru-things on Thingiverse? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Cell phone and GPS holders and charging stands that won’t scratch the delicate casings of our favorite electronics
- Rubberized lens cap covers that are gentle near optics
- Tires and bumpers for your Botmobile
- Nosepads for your printed glasses
- Or, a rubber baby buggy bumper?
|Tagged with||rubber, rubber babby buggy bumper, rubber eyes, rubberize, sugru, sugru things||Leave a comment|