GrabCAD MakerBot Challenge Complete

Drumroll please…

Mr. Maker by ErikJDurwoodII is now the official MakerBot mascot. We judged this challenge based on creativity and 3D printability. It’s a very cute mascot, it’s simple enough to be easy to print and has a playful, creative character that embodies the MakerBot spirit. Congrats to ErikJDurwoodII, we’ll be sending him a MakerBot Thing-O-Matic kit and we can’t wait to see what he does with it! Check it Mr. Maker on GrabCAD and Thingiverse. If you have a MakerBot there are printing plates that will make it easy for you to churn this design out!

With so many awesome entries, this was a hard contest to judge. We’ve got 10 runners up and we’re going to be printing out their designs over the next month and sending them out to them as runners up gifts.

Mikey

Replicant JR Also on Thingiverse and on plates.

MakerBot Transformer Also on Thingiverse.

Botbot Also on Thingiverse.

makerbot-084824-65-7

Mambo

Mark II Also on Thingiverse.

mrobot

Mascot 5 Also on Thingiverse.

Make-a-bot Also on Thingiverse.

There were almost 100 entries into this contest and there was so much creativity in all the entries. Check them out too!

• Marc O. Chouinard
    October 12, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I’m interesting in those city building models. I was about to create some of them (actually, create an building generator), but if they already exist, I rather reuse them, they look good.

MakerBlock
      October 12, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I second that! those little cityscapes are great!

• Roboticlay
    October 12, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Meh, oh well… I did my best. Congratz on the awesome pick though! He was in my top 3.

Well done ErikJDurwoodII!!

• ErikJDurwoodII
    October 12, 2011 at 5:40 pm

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

…And thanks everybody!

• Michael Cook
    October 12, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Mr. Makerbot is a great choice.

I believe the buildings are from SimCity 2000, designed by Skimbal. I saw them at the KC Maker Faire, they’re really neat. I’d LOVE to print them too.

Also, my squirrel is in the background! Cool.

• Luis
    October 12, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Yeah it reminds me of Sim City or something!? ;)

• Luis
    October 12, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Squirrel!

• JWNAVAGUS
    October 19, 2011 at 8:51 am

Great Choice for Mr. Maker. I really think it shows the spirit of Makerbot playful innovation.

Good job Erik J DurwoodII

RANT — It’s not fair, Erik has talent. I did the best I could with a sphere and a thing I stole from somebody else and that other something I got from another site. I had the logo on mine too.

All products in your cart at the time of purchase will qualify for the special financing promotion if purchased with Dell Preferred Account between 11-26-2014 through 12/30/2014.