MakerBot Industries has had the good fortune to sell as many user-assembled 3D printer kits as our team can physically produce since 2009, benefiting tremendously from word-of-mouth, social networking, and community outreach efforts. Even so, we feel there are even more people out there in the world who need MakerBots. More than we can reach from the BotCave by shouting out the door.
This is where you come in, MakerBot Publicist.
This brand new job will be a hands-on media relations staff position with the primary responsibility to raise awareness even more broadly, telling the story of MakerBot through creative, comprehensive media outreach, and effective placement in national and regional outlets. The ideal candidate will increase MakerBot’s public awareness in new markets by creating and executing additional strategies to complement existing outreach efforts.
A portfolio of successful past media placements is required that specifically demonstrates results-driven interaction with top-tier national and regional consumer media, and broadcast outlets. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who independently initiates and follows through with opportunities; has established contacts; has strong problem-solving skills; and has proven experience juggling multiple, high-pressure deadlines.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain and expand department’s media contact databases.
- Develop, research and produce a variety of publicity materials related to areas of responsibility, including but not limited to: press releases, pitch letters, bios, website content and talking points for public appearances. These materials are to be journalistically sound, creative in approach, and help generate media coverage.
- Handle media relations support activities related to his/her efforts including but not limited to tracking media results, distributing releases, coordinating interviews and visits.
- Leverage established contacts and proven placement success with regional and national consumer and trade media, including newspapers, magazines, blogs and digital, and experience pitching broadcast media.
- Coordinate social media campaigns.
- Make use of outstanding writing, speaking, organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail a must.
- All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered. Please send materials to hiring at makerbot dot com, Subject: “Publicist Applicant: [Name]“.
|Tagged with||media, news, press, publicity||Leave a comment|