Web Developer Wanted!
MakerBot Industries is expanding our web development team! We’re looking for a capable, driven web warrior that will build and maintain the websites that make MakerBot Industries possible. Candidates should be strong web developers with front-end, back-end, and system administration skills who work well independently and in pairs. You will be responsible for our web presence and an important part of our team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Frontend/Backend development of new functionality and site designs
- Debugging and bugfixes in existing and new code
- Working within 3rd party frameworks like Magento and WordPress
- Development of internal tools within MakerBot
- Writing awesome code that you can be proud of
- Extensive experience in the internet / web development.
- Functional knowledge of MVC / distributed architectures / eCommerce
- Working knowledge of the other important internet acronyms (JSON, XML, AJAX, etc.)
- Experience architecting and implementing backend systems (from database on up)
- Capable of transforming design mockups into HTML/CSS templates
- Knowledge of HTML5
- Skills with cloud computing tools and services such as Chef, Amazon’s EC2, etc.
- Experience developing eCommerce sites
- Familiarity with 3D printing / digital fabrication / MakerBot
- Good front-end design skills
This position is located in Brooklyn, NY.
MakerBot Industries is a rapidly growing, Brooklyn-based startup that designs and manufactures low cost 3D printers. We make machines that make things! We’re deeply committed to open source hardware and software, and have the goal of getting these incredible tools into the hands of makers, inventors, and ordinary people around the world.
How to Apply
Visit our Online Application to apply!
|Tagged with||hiring, jobs||Leave a comment|