|Tagged with||One comment|
Archive for June 10th, 2011
Hello intrepid Botsters! We’ve prepared another episode of our spectacular weekly video series to cap off what’s been an amazing week. As you may know, Bre was on The Colbert Report, and, possibly even better, we scanned Stephen Colbert’s head so people can make crazy mashups. Not content to stop there, we just launched a fully assembled version of the Thing-O-Matic.
We show off some of those amazing mashups, and our newest member of the support crew, Sam, also has some tips about the new calibration script in the recently-released ReplicatorG 25. And that’s not all! There’s some other fun stuff in there, so check it out.
|Tagged with||products, tips and tricks, video||Leave a comment|
This is a momentous day, one that has been requested by our users since the beginning! We can now proudly provide a fully built and tested custom MakerBot Thing-O-Matic in the store.
MakerBot has grown enough to be able to lovingly hand-assemble each Custom Thing-O-Matic. Our skilled technicians will build and test each machine after you place your order!
With each Custom Fully Assembled Thing-O-Matic, you will receive:
- A Thing-O-Matic built in-house at the MakerBot BotCave hand assembled by our skilled technicians, and fully tested prior to shipment
- A Generation 4 Interface Controller pre-built and wired for use. Control your Bot without a computer!
- MK6 Plus Steptruder pre-built and tested
- Heated Build Platform with Aluminum Surface installed, and a (1) roll of Kapton SuperWide 120mm tape included
- Pre-assembled 4th Generation Electronics, installed and tested
- Customer’s Choice of Color LED’s installed. (red, blue, green, yellow, or white)
- Customers choice of 1kg Spooled Plastics (ABS or PLA)
- One hour live setup and personal technical support from the assembler via Phone or Skype
- SD Card loaded with 4 prints
- A printed spool holder created by your machine. Other test prints included.
- Tools kit with all the hex keys, wrenches, and other bits for tuning your bot!
- USB cable – so your computer can talk to your bot!
- Carefully packed and shipped insured to your location
So if you just don’t have time to build your Thing-O-Matic, or you just want to leave it to the professionals, this is the machine for you! This is a premium MakerBot, with the best accessories. Get awesome!
|Tagged with||get awesome, makerbot, products, thing-o-matic||2 comments|
Here at the support desk, we like to ask our customers what they’re going to be using their MakerBots for, and every once in awhile, you get a fantastic answer. I was helping one customer out recently (Andrew) and here’s what he said when I asked him about his plans:
The next things I’m planning on scanning are parts for my classic car (a la Leno), and more importantly, scanning my kids!
Now I am all for scanning your children — after all they’re growing and they won’t be small for very long; I think all of us will be scanning our children very soon (if we’re not already.) But I have to admit that I was a bit more intrigued by the car stuff. So that’s what I asked about…to which Andrew replied:
The car I’m printing parts for is attached in this mail (internal door lock parts, plus a few impossible to get bits). I’m scanning one side of the car, mirror, then print, you get the idea.
That’s when he sent this photo of the 356 Speedster. Well, apparently the Thing-O-Matic isn’t the coolest toy in Andrew’s household, but it gives me a warm feeling inside just knowing that our humble little machines are helping keep something like that in good running order.
|Tagged with||car repair, kids||Leave a comment|