Pattywac Design Challenge: United We MakerBot
Thingiverse champion Pattywac has another challenge for you (and your friends)! 1 The chosen design will receive $60.00 from Pattywac and $100.00 in MakerBot store credit provided by MakerBot Industries! Here are the details:
I purchased Makerbot #182 and for a long time just made improvements based on forum and thingiverse posts….. until I started meeting with other Makerbotters in the Madison area (thanks to MBI for the push on this one). I was inspired by how much better my Makerbot prints are turning out since discussing it with others face to face and so I thought…. What better way to make designs better than to get people working on them together in the “United We Makerbot” Design Challenge.
The prize will be $60 cash (xferd via paypal from me) split between the team members and $100 in Makerbot store credit also split between the team members.
Here are the rules :
- Needs to be printable (at least partly… Unicorns and Frostruders included) on a Makerbot
- Each design needs to be the combined work of two or more people (one person will submit the design and anyone that helped will post a comment on that thing)
- Post submissions on Thingiverse by 8pm CST on May 1, 2011.
- Multiple entries are allowed, but they must be distinct from one another.
- To enter be sure and tag your Thing with the word “MakerbotUnited”
The entries will be judged using the following criteria (each category is weighted):
- Number of Likes on Thingiverse
- Number of times it has been made by someone else
- Average Thingiverse rating
- Printability (not just fitting it in the space but also how many separate prints are required)
- Effort put into design (based on testing and revisions (if at all needed), how well does it fit the challenge)
- Mechanical design (based on # of pieces, possible modes for failure, etc)
- Does it build on previous challenge winners?
- Future for use in other Thingiverse designs
- Are multiple (editable) file formats provided?
- Number of Thingiverse citizens that took part in the design and implementation (no more than 7 people on a team…. I’ve seen first hand how quickly larger teams can turn to frustration)
I’m normally a lot more excited about these design challenges. But, I just know I’m going to get picked last again…
|Tagged with||challenge, Challenges, design, design challenge, makerbotunited, pattywac, team, Thingiverse||6 comments|