How To Print Moving Parts With A MakerBot: Bearing Contest Winner Announced
Thingiverse user twotimes won pattywac‘s contest a few weeks ago on the best 3D printed object requiring bearings. Users submitted more than a dozen proposals on how to get 3D printed objects moving with bearings!
These were the guidelines:
1. Needs to be printable on a MakerBot
2. Needs to use bearings in some way
3. Post submissions on Thingiverse by 5pm cst Sunday, Oct 3
4. Post a comment to this thing with a link to your submission
5. Seriously anything that uses bearings in some way…..
Congratulations, twotimes! According to pattywac:
He didn’t win my vote because it was a replacement and improvement part for the Makerbot, but because he made something that people really liked (average rating is 5/5) and because of the dedication he showed in revising the design so many times to make sure it was 100% usable.”
|Tagged with||bearings, mendel, moving parts, pattywac, Thingiverse, twotimes||9 comments|