MakerBot Transformer – Built on a MakerBot

SDC11000

I finished printing and assembling the MakerBot Transformer this weekend. The main body part took around 4 hours and each of the small parts took between 14-25 minutes each. I did it with a 10% infill and two layers shell. All in all I probably spent about 12 hours of MakerBotting over a few days.

This is the most satisfying print I’ve ever done. The transformer transforms easily from robot to MakerBot and back again! The nuts and bolts loosen up a bit after a couple transformations and need tightening every once in a while.

This orange is a fancy custom color we are trying out. Like it?

• ng
    May 17, 2010 at 4:51 pm

got a video of it in action?

• pmwasson
    May 17, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Love the orange!

• ups!
    May 17, 2010 at 6:36 pm

love that orange… keep some new colours coming ;D, also loved the bubble-gum pink by the way…

props!

Bre Pettis
    May 17, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I need to make a video!

• peter
    May 17, 2010 at 10:39 pm

that is a really, really cool print. :) thanks for sharing!

• Chorca
    May 20, 2010 at 1:07 pm

The orange is necessary to make my green and orange mendel! Throw that stuff up in the store!

• Marty
    May 24, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Saw the bot and the orange plastic at the Bay Area Maker Faire this past weekend. I love the color, and I’d love to see it in the store.

• =ml=
    May 25, 2010 at 1:37 pm

“There is no blue without yellow and without orange.”
    -Vincent Van Gogh

We need orange!

All products in your cart at the time of purchase will qualify for the special financing promotion if purchased with Dell Preferred Account between 11-26-2014 through 12/30/2014.